Subscribe:

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Amaretto-Baked French Toast


I've been looking forward to making this amazing breakfast all week. I have Saturday off - the first Saturday I've had off in I-don't-even-know-when...gonna start this weekend off proper!

3 eggs
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons amaretto
1 loaf brioche bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 tablespoon butter (for greasing your baking dish)
1/2 cup pecans
maple syrup for serving

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla & amaretto. Add brioche cubes and let mixture soak for 5 minutes. Spoon into a 9” x 12” well greased baking dish; sprinkle with pecans. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Pour maple syrup over & serve.

1 comments:

Side Street Style said...

Oooh this sounds really yummy, I must try it sometime :)

Laura x
www.sidestreetstyle.com

Post a Comment