Subscribe:

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cake Batter Cinnamon Rolls



I clearly made two.

I think this is the end of the cake batter era. Unless I come up with something even more ridiculous to create with a cake batter flavor, I’m pretty cake battered out.


Even the glaze is a cake batter glaze!

These are just as simple as the regular cinnamon rolls, and perhaps simpler than the cookie dough stuffed version. I layered a good amount of cake mix on the dough along with the sugar and cinnamon mixture. It worked perfectly. They mix dissolved, leaving the rolls with the cake batter flavor.

In all of this cake batter madness I’ve had going on lately, there is one thing I haven’t been able to master: the cake batter flavor without the actual cake mix! I have tried trial after trial of sugar + vanilla combination and just can’t get it. I can’t even find anything on google… and google usually answers everything. Every other “cake batter” recipe I find uses the actual cake mix, hence my usage of the mix. I don’t mind – I’m still using the same box from the cake batter chocolate bark – but I think it would be really cool to be able to create the cake batter flavor from scratch.


No can do.

So these tasted just how they look – over the top.
Holy sugar rush.

Of course I find them wildly fun with all of the sprinkles going on. I think it’s time to buy stock in sprinkles. And head to the dentist.


0 comments:

Post a Comment