Subscribe:

Sunday, July 10, 2011

'X Men: First Class' Opens

 


"X Men: First Class" opens today and the reviews appear to be stuck on the same speed, albeit revving between faster and fun to just one notch below an entire downshift. They all just feel ... pretty good.

Here's a nice instillation -- I'm trusting this middle of the line take from the NY Times' Manohla Dargis:

"With its spy-on-spy globetrotting, old-fashioned villains, flirty but prematurely swinging minis and fan-boy bits (look for an eye-blink-fast tribute to "Basic Instinct" and a cameo from the cult actor Michael Ironside), the whole enterprise has an agreeable lightness, no small thing, given its rapidly moving parts."

I don't have it in me to get super angry about movies these days. For example, the idea that the "Pirates" movie is absolutely soul crushing doesn't really surprise me. I'm not going into the thing thinking it's going to change my life or even offer me some escape. I mean, what were people expecting? Are these sequels based on a series of pirates movies directed by Ingmar Bergman? What?

Anyway ... I need another anger inducing "Inception" to throw me into a tizzy.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

site web best replica bags online have a peek at this web-site good quality replica bags take a look at the site here aaa replica bags

Post a Comment