Subscribe:

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Meet Ashley Underwood of 'Survivor: Redemption Island'

Ashley UnderwoodRussell and Rob aren't the only ones competing on 'Survivor: Redemption Island.' If Ashley Underwood, a former Miss USA contestant from Maine, has anything to say about it, she'll be the one to outwit, outplay and outlast on 'Survivor' season 22.

Underwood may already be tabbed as yet another former pageant contestant roughing it on 'Survivor' (she was named SI.com's "Lovely Lady of the Day" this week), but the 26-year-old former college basketball star has made it clear she's a "tough girl" at heart.

"I wanted whichever tribe I was on to view me as an asset, someone who would help in the challenges, even though I'm a woman, a young girl," Underwood told the Portland Press Herald. I want them to know I'm a basketball player and that I know how to work hard. I wanted to be the strong, athletic girl and be seen as someone who could really help."

Underwood excelled at basketball at the University of Maine and played overeas, and now serves as a school nurse. She previously tried out for 'The Amazing Race' with Stephanie Smith, a former Miss South Carolina, who ended up competing with her boyfriend Chad Waltrip last season (he was the one who proposed during the race).

But Underwood was happy with how it all turned out. "I'm personally more cut out for 'Survivor," she said. " I love to compete, and really 'Survivor' is the ultimate adventure and ultimate challenge. I've always been kind of a thrill-seeker."

'Survivor' season 22 premieres Wednesday, Feb. 23, at 8PM ET on CBS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment