Subscribe:

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Crispy Shrimp Tacos.




And it includes fresh fruit and vegetables, seafood and avocado. Can’t go wrong there, right?
Especially if your shrimp is already clean – this meal should take you less than 20 minutes to throw together.


I was so excited when I found mangos at my grocery store on sale this week: 10 for $10! Are mangos in season? I have no idea. But I found a squishy, soft one (in my experience those are the best) and also bought a firmer one which I am sure will die in the crisper drawer.


I’ll probably find it in May.

I knew exactly what was happening to one mango though. It was perfectly ripe and I quickly chopped it with some red onion and tomato – easy, fresh salsa right there.


And I’m pretty sure I won’t ever make shrimp another way. With a quick dredge through flour, it comes out so flavorful and crispy.

I think I like these better than regular tacos. Maybe even better than pork tacos? Which is wild, considering me and pork are like this.

And they are just so pretty and colorful. I love bright food. Except the vegetable kind.

We enjoyed this so much that I’m planning on making it again Friday. It was bursting with more flavor than I ever thought possible. I really loved the crunchy textures of the crispy shrimp and even the shredded lettuce.


In fact, I don’t even think I can wait until Friday. Pretty sure I must make these again today.



This is about as veggie-heavy as it’s gonna get around here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment